Is it really possible to lose weight naturally without exercise?
In fact, millions of people are hunting for the ways to lose weight naturally without exercise. Yes, it is certainly possible to lose weight without any exercises. Let us explore it briefly.
Natural weight loss is more than calories
People say, weight loss is mainly about the calories! Calorie intake vs calorie spent marks the difference in weight loss or weight gain. However, there is something more to it. Although you should be cautious about your total calorie intake, you should also focus on other aspects to lose weight naturally without exercise. So, eating low calorie foods or low carb diet won’t help you in weight loss.
Stop drinking your calories
One of the major mistakes that most people intend to lose weight ignore is drinking calories. Most of the drinks contain calories and it adds to your calorie intake. Even coffee and tea adds more calorie to your diet. Avoid drinking juices and soft drinks.
Water is the best zero calorie drink you can rely on to lose weight naturally.
Include a lot of spices in your food
Not many aware about the health benefits of spices. Most of the Indian spices contain a lot of healing powers, especially has power to address digestive ailments and fat burning properties.
To name a few,
- Ginger is the best cure for digestive ailments.
- Garlic is the fat burner.
- Cardamom (Elachi), soothes the mind and help you de-stress
- Cumin regulates the whole body and promotes weight loss.
- Turmeric purifies blood and addresses inflammation.
- Cinnamon regulates the cholesterol and sugar levels.
Add spices to the foods increase your metabolism and helps you burn more calories.
Eat fruits for your dinner
Develop the habit of eating fruits for your dinner. Fruits contain a lot of fiber and are low in calories. Eating fruits for dinner not only help you lose weight, but also improves your overall health.
Eating fruits at dinner regulate the bowel movement and excretion process. This keeps your digestive system intact and prevents accumulation of toxins.
A bowl of luscious variety of fruits for dinner can be quite intriguing. If you wish you can add two or three teaspoons of honey to the fruit bowl.
Don’t control yourself with the quantity of fruits you wish to eat. Just pick any fruit you like. Gradually you can reduce the quantity. Even if you wish to eat 4 or 5 bananas, with other fruits initially, just proceed.
Just go for organic fruits and seasonal fruits.
Sleep in the dark (Get more sleep)
You could have heard a lot of stories about why should sleep in a dark (or in any room with mild light) room. When you sleep in a dark room, your body secretes melatonin (a natural hormone) which controls a lot of functions in your body. If you sleep well, your body secretes more melatonin and aids you in weight loss. Lack of sleep is also a trigger or may be a direct cause of weight gain.
Simple Home Remedies to lose weight naturally without any exercise
- Cumin seeds called as ‘Jeera’ literally means the ingredients that keeps the internal body balanced. Chew a teaspoon of raw cumin seeds whenever possible.
- Start your day with a glass of warm water with honey. (No lemons)
- Chew a bit of raw ginger before or after a meal.
- Eat seasonal fruits and vegetables
Do Kaphalpathi Pranayama
If you want a lazy way to lose weight naturally, just do this breathing exercise.
- Sit in a floor with legs crossed.
- Pull your stomach and genital organs towards your spine (pull it inside) to the maximum extent possible.
- Take a deep inhalation
- Just exhale the air and don’t inhale it.
- Between two exhalations, the body automatically inhales the air.
- Do this for 10 to 15 minutes a day (you cannot do it continuously for 10 minutes. Try to continuously exhale the air for 15 to 20 counts in a stretch)
If you have any existing health conditions like hypothyroid or hormonal fluctuations, you may need to get proper treatment. Some health conditions may prohibit you to lose weight. Check if you are anemic. Iron deficiency makes you feel bloated. So, if you are anemic,
Small changes make big difference. Although you don’t need to follow any exercise regimen, your lifestyle should be moderately active. Leading a life like a potato couch and expecting to lose weight will never happen.
Similarly, if you eat moderately healthy diet, (without including too much transfat or high sugar foods) you can easily lose weight.